I digged a bit and tracked the cause of the trouble down to a misbehavior in the “PassionDuo” theme, a theme by DailyBlogTips. (Actually it is three themes, with only graphical differences.)
Obviously, the PassionDuo theme fails to trigger wp_footer actions, effectively sabotaging any plug-in that depends on it.
For users of PassionDuo to use Sliding Notes (or any other plug-in that depends on footer actions), here are the instructions to fix the theme:
Open the file footer.php in any text editor. At the end of the file there are the closing tags
</div> </body> </html>
Right vefore the
</div> tag, insert the code
<?php wp_footer() ?>
I was curous if PassionDuo was the only DailyBlogTips’ theme with this defect, so I checked their other themes. The following themes are equally erroneous:
- Blue Sensation
Practically the same fix applies to all of them.
More themes are reported in the comments – check them out. And thanks to everybody for contributing.
- Sliding Notes - Scriptaculous Caveats
- Sliding Notes HowTo - Centered Button With 1.0 Series
- Getting Started With Sliding Notes And MyCSS In 4 Super-Easy Steps
- Sliding Notes Lessons - Beware of HTML Tags In Title
- PassionDuo Theme Defect - And How To Fix It
- Sliding Notes Self Aid - Overcoming Theme Footer Defects
- Sliding Notes HowTo's - Adding An Image To The Button
- WordPress CSS Accordion Menu With Sliding Notes In 3 Easy Steps
- Alternatively, you can also insert
<?php do_action('wp_footer') ?>. [↩]