The other day I installed the Nofollow Reciprocity plugin… and Bang! – another plugin conflict saw the light of day: On multipage posts, exactly at the second page the TOC boxes got entirely messed up.
Since I do not really use the multipage feature, I only noticed today, while working on, and testing,1 new TOC Boxes features. It took me a while to figure out that there is no bug in the TOC Boxes code, but a conflict stemming from somewhere else. Once I realized this though, it wasn’t hard to guess where the conflict comes from. After deactivating “Nofollow Reciprocity”, everything went back to normal.
Given the symptoms of the conflict, it was also not too hard to figure out a workaround: As the conflict appeared to manifest only on absolute URLs, I simply changed my plugin to generate relative URLs in the TOC box. And voi-là: Everything was fine again.
As I like relative URL’s better anyway, this is like the proverbial killing of two birds with one stone.2
- A New Plugin Is Born: TOC Boxes
- TOC Boxes 1.1 Support Hyperlinks In Headings
- TOC Boxes 1.1.1 Released
- TOC Boxes 1.2 With Multipage Support Released
- TOC Boxes 1.2.1 Resolves Conflict With Nofollow Reciprocity
- TOC Boxes 1.5 With Auto-Insertion
- TOC Boxes 1.5.1 Release
- TOC Boxes 1.5.2 Release (Artem's Rib)
- TOC Boxes Is SEO Table Of Contents
- Aye, I test all the way long while I develop! 😉 [↩]
- Except that I would never have the heart to kill a bird – with a stone. 😉 [↩]